I’m smart enough to know that I’m dumb.

Quote of the Week 45

"I’m smart enough to know that I’m dumb."
― Richard Feynman



In line with Dunning and Kruger's findings the inverse corollary could be stated as:

"I’m dumb enough to think that I’m smart."


That triggers a reference to Mount Stupid as depicted in 
Zach Weinersmith's (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal) chart which according to Chris Barth "features a prominent bump, toward the low end of the knowledge spectrum, where people feel qualified to dish on a given subject, despite their relative lack of wisdom. The name of that bump is Mount Stupid."


Source: https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2475 (Zach Weinersmith)


Gunter Dueck has pointed out the similarity between this chart and the Gartner Hype Cycle ... but that's a different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The liar cares about the truth and attempts to hide it; the bullshitter doesn't care if what they say is true or false.